Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Miami Style Map: Talk is Cheap and I have Places to Go




I'm a girl on the move. 

In the words of 50 Cent, I got places to go, I got people to see. And I'm going to look good doing it, dammit. So when I finally found the most perfect pair of white jeans from Mango to add to my wardrobe, I knew that I needed to take them out for a test drive. They're just the right amount of skinny, a durable denim fabric, and a few appropriately placed rips (butt cheek rips ala Britney Spears are never a "do")  to give them a touch of tough girl attitude. 

I wanted to go for a symmetrical and modern look- an outfit focused on clean lines and muted colors like this light taupe boyfriend blazer and 'Talk is Cheap' muscle tee. Together, it all flows. And the shoes (oh the shoes!)- an opportunity to get playful with animal print. These pointy toe faux snakeskin pumps from the InStyle x Nine West collection are EVERYTHING. They have garnered a spot on my list of classic staples every woman should own. 



I have to give it to Lizzie and Justin from Rahaus Fotografie http://ra-haus.com/ for always finding the most incredible and unique shoot locations for my looks. The backdrop always tells a story- taking readers to unprecedented heights of imagination and wonder and making me, and the clothes, main characters in a scene.  Like for instance, this city skyline etched on metal frames that's a no brainer not only for the outfit, but for the city girl that defines me.  





I love the accessories for this look because they fuse brilliantly with the feel and modernity of the outfit. My orange/red lip courtesy of MAC and applied by makeup guru, Jessie of Makeup Artistry by Jessie, are the main focus - colorwise - of the look. While the outfit is subtle and basking in neutrals, the lips add an instant pop of glamour and color to not completely wash it out. It says, "Hey, check me out. You can't miss me." 

I love this oversized gold spiked statement necklace from Zara. I'm channeling my inner white girl rapper neck armor with pride! The bone colored and wood clutch is a classic addition as is my chunky Michael Kors gold watch. 

I'm on the move! 

On Me: 

Boyfriend Blazer- Forever 21 http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=outerwear_coats-and-jackets&ProductID=2000062270&VariantID=
Talk is Cheap tee- Forever 21
White Jeans- MNG for JCPenney http://www.jcpenney.com/month-long-values/mng-by-mango-deconstructed-jeans/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003611182&catId=cat100250124&N=100420068&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=jeans&dimCombo=Categories%7C&dimComboVal=jeans%7C&currentDim=Categories&currentDimVal=jeans&colorizedImg=DP0107201417334335M.tif
Heels-  InStyle x Nine West http://www.ninewest.com/Gamin-d%27Orsay-High-Heels/12311592,default,pd.html?variantSizeClass=&variantColor=JJ3YEA1_1&cgid=12877356&prefn1=catalog-id&prefv1=ninewest-catalog
Clutch- Aldo 
Sunnies- Forever 21 

In Style, 

Kat 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for sharing lovely post with us. I like your dress in the way you have wore that is really appreciable. You are looking very smart in this dress it suits you perfectly. I am always crazy for new arrivals always wandering through Online Women Clothing Dresses.

    ReplyDelete