Tuesday, May 6, 2014

In Your Polka Dot Midi, Girl!



The versatility of this black and white polka dot midi skirt continues to channel it's many en vogue personalities. And special thanks to the amazing Melissa, from Simply Captivating, for not only a most divertido shoot, but for capturing some fun and flirty shots of my All-Americana/Western-chic/Uptown girl fashion trifecta. 

For this look, I paired the midi skirt with a classic sleeveless denim shirt and a cream colored blazer. I love how the blazer pops against the denim and the dots. It gives the look a bit of a modern feel. 





Let's get to the nitty gritty of this outfit- the deets! Sometimes the best way to jazz up a look is through accessories. From my patterned nails, to my rainbow of bracelets, the proof is in the details. I especially love the bright yellow of this Stella and Dot Norah necklace. It's such a unique statement necklace and does a swell job of upgrading the classic denim shirt.



And these peep toe prettys, are one of my golden oldies. I remember buying these shoe babies at the Marc Jacobs store on Bleeker Street and being so giddy with excitement, I literally had a frozen smile on the train ride home.


And special thanks to my beauty entourage- Jessie, from Makeup Artistry by Jessie for the fabulous makeup application, Emilano from Warren Tricomi for my killer blowout, and Lucy Rodriguez for my brows.


On me:


Skirt- Forever 21

Denim top- Forever 21
Blazer- Urban Outfitters
Shoes- Marc Jacobs 
Necklace- Stella and Dot 

In Style,


Kat

No comments :

Post a Comment