Friday, August 14, 2015

Miami Style Map: It's Fashion Flashback with Maya's Maternity Shoot!



It's so hard to believe that these photos were taken almost four years ago! How the time has flown. Back in 2011, Coco and I flew down to Miami for the holidays and to spend a few days in Grand Cayman for our baby moon. We were so excited and nervous to meet our baby girl! And the only thing we kept telling one another, like we were in on this one big secret, was, "There's going to be a baby here in a couple of weeks!" 

It was important to me to document my first pregnancy and my growing baby bump, so I reached out to Natalie, of Suna Photography (www.sunaphotography.com), and asked her to capture all that excitement, happiness, and anxiety in a series of simple and whimsical photos. 



We shot at Margaret Pace Park, located across the street from our condo. Funny, since now that park is a part of our everyday routine. That's where Maya plays, rides her scooters, takes the dogs for walks, and goes for outings with her dad. There were no props for this shoot, no gimmicks- just a momma-to-be wrapped up in all the emotions of anticipation that come with being a first time parent! 

I wanted the shoot to reflect me in my everyday life- besides the gorgeous makeup (done by Jessie of Makeup Artistry by Jessie (www.makeupartistrybyjessie.com) this is pretty much me in my everyday (only without the extra layers brought to you by a NYC winter)! I had two looks. The first look was a pale blush dress from Forever 21. Even back then, before I started my fashion blog, I was all about non-maternity clothes during pregnancy- always keeping in mind fit and fabric! 





My second look was from Pea in a Pod Maternity, which I've been wearing on the regular during Rocco's pregnancy! I never got rid of my pregnancy clothes. I kept them in a bag and shared them with pregnant friends and family! It's the gift that keeps on giving. This maxi dress is budget-friendly alternative to a Missoni and I love how it looks with these turquoise drop earrings. 




I love looking back at these pictures and showing Maya how she was in mommy's belly and how we couldn't wait to meet her! She gets a kick out of that. She loves these photos of Coco and I. 'Daddyhood' looks good on Coco. And even though he sometimes drives me bananas, there's no limit to how much I adore this man! BTW, we're so pale! That's what NY winters do to you, but honestly, I kind of like the 'really white, no tan' look.

Little did we know at that point in time, how much our lives would change the moment Maya entered our world. And now here we are getting into the ring for the second time- clueless as to what life will be like with two kids. And you know what?! We can't hardly wait. 

Pass the wine! 




In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment