Saturday, August 8, 2015

Miami Style Map: Everything is Coming Up Roses in Wynwood



I have found another amazing wall in Wynwood to add to my collection of favorites! And it just happened to work magically with my OOTD! I love the black and white sketches with the pastel-hued details of these walls. It's understated without being too bold in color. The flowers are feminine but with a little edge and the image of the pensive girl is striking yet amusing! My photographer, Raquel (www.raquelzaldivarphotography.com), who will soon be leaving me to finish her studies in Chi-town, was also digging the artwork for our shoot. 

This blush skirt from the Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl's is my latest obsession. It's not maternity, but I couldn't wait to wear it so I hiked it up over my belly and wore it with a short blouse I had in my closet that I hadn't worn since becoming pregnant. This pleated maxi skirt is giving it a second chance! I've become a big fan of Lauren Conrad's Kohls line because it's whimsical, ladylike, and also very California-chic with it's effortless feel and casual tendencies. This skirt has all of that! 



The black and white tropical print blouse is from Forever 21 and shot against the mural, it gave off a slight 'Alice in Wonderland/Queen of Hearts' vibe for me. That's what I kept thinking about when I was reviewing the photos. The black, white, and blush pairing is soft but still edgy, which is exactly what I was going for! 

Because it's like 1000 degrees in Miami, I opted for these modern style sandals that are ultra-comfy. Unfortunately, I've had to give my booties a rest, especially during this last month because the heat makes my feet swell and grossly expand inside my boot. I'm not kidding. It really happened.  



As I near my final weeks of this pregnancy, I'm actually a little sad that I won't be able to experiment more with my maternity style. It's been so much fun photographing all these wonderful looks and I hope I've inspired you to take some risks when it comes to dressing your bump! 

Why not enhance your most stylish accessory these next nine months with some out-of-the box pregnancy fashion?!  


On Me: 

Blush maxi- Lauren Conrad for Kohls
Top- Forever 21
Sandals- Traffic Shoes 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment