Saturday, July 25, 2015

NY Style Map: Rocking BCBG Maternity on Cedar Beach



I'm surrounded by blue everywhere! From the bay's deep hues to the dress's different shades of azul splattered across its flowy canvas, it's a color that took center stage at Rocco's NY sprinkle last week in Long Island. 

I had the pleasure of partnering up for a second time with Destination Maternity (www.destinationmaternity.com) for an exciting bump post, featuring this breathtaking BCBG caftan dress (http://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=250140527&MasterCategory_Id=MC28)! I had no idea that BCBG had maternity wear, let alone such a vast and versatile collection of trendy ready-to-wear pieces  available at DM. 

I knew that for Rocco's NY shower I wanted something completely different from the boho-chic look I wore to his Miami affair. I fell in love with this breathtaking tunic dress and the unique firework-like print in the most perfect shade of summer pastels. 




I teamed up with Lauren Elizabeth of Lauren Elizabeth Photography to photograph this spectacular maternity dress (www.laurenelizabethphotography.com)! Lauren came recommended through a friend and after browsing her website, I instantly loved her shooting style. When I showed her my look, she went straight to work at finding the most perfect location that would really make this dress stand out. 

We went to Cedar Beach on the South Shore of Long Island- a small beach with a beautiful marina and a picturesque landscape of beachgoers, surfers, and fishermen (and now a fashion blogger)! I loved working with Lauren! She was sweet, easygoing, and stopped at nothing to capture exactly what she was envisioning- like making sure we incorporated these boats in our style story! I was her first foray into photographing a blogger and I think she did a stupendous job! Every single image becomes its own storytelling capsule. 




 I felt so beautiful on Rocco's special day, and it has a lot to do with getting to experience the greatest miracle of life. But I would be lying if I didn't say it also had to do with this smashing BCBG stunner! 

I accessorized the dress with these metallic platform wedges that are really a summer classic as well as a metallic clutch from Avon (yes, Avon)! The metallic pairs beautifully with the airy light palette of the tunic. 

I added a hot pink tassel necklace and a one-of-a-kind quartz knuckle ring to add a dash of  edginess to a rather feminine look. And we can't close down this post without talking about these amazing braids I got from Lisa at Off 7th Salon in Centereach (http://www.off7thsalon.com), my sister-in-law's go-to salon. We got braids and buns- two of my favorite things! 

Pregnancy never looked so good thanks to BCBG and Destination Maternity! 





On Me: 

Dress- BCBG Maternity 
Shoes- Payless Shoes 
Clutch- Avon Insider 
Tassel- Only One Wing Boutique (Coconut Grove) 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment