Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Miami Style Maps: Knee Highs On A Semi Chill



The Miami Weather has been nothing short of delightful these last couple of weeks with temperatures in the 60s and a cool cozy breeze that stops by every evening for a climate nightcap. I gotta tell ya, this displaced New Yorker is quite happy! I'm dusting off sweaters, cardigans, and even these knee high socks, which haven't seen daylight in almost two years! This is another 90s trend that I'm glad hasn't completely died down (Clueless, anyone?) 

Natalie from Suna Photography (www.sunaphotography.com) and I took a trip to the now shuttered Coconut Grove Playhouse and its muted grey structure to photograph this look. Here's some fun trivia for you. Did you know playwright and one time Coconut Grove resident, Tennessee Williams, put on a production of "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the playhouse? 



Let's break down this look because it's one that's easy to put together and it probably lives in your closet and you don't even know it! Let's start with the dress. I absolutely love this H&M tulle and lace dress from their Conscious collection. I bought it a few years back when I was pregnant and it's still in my wardrobe rotation. Last time I wore this dress, I paired it with gold tights and T-strap heels. I love the versatility of the dress- it can go from day to night with a quick change of shoes. 

And when the temperature drops, it's fair game to throw a cardigan over a dress. Think oversized! You can never go wrong with oversized. I love this mustard colored one from Forever 21, especially the color. 



And now accessories- starting off with the knee highs! An alternative to tights and a small nod to that Clueless era that we all loved so much (admit it, you can rehearse Cher one-liners in your sleep). I love pairing my knee highs with boots, like these Free People studded  ones. Paired with delicate and feminine elements like lace, tulle, and embroidery, it gives the look an edgier nudge. 

I added a pop of leopard with this Cole Haan crossbody and all my jewelry is courtesy of Rocksbox. My monthly shipment of accessories is like Christmas morning! You never know what goodies you're going to get! 

I finished off the look with a black felt hat! Go figure. They're becoming a signature 'Kat' go-to topper. 

So next time you're thinking how to 'winter up' a favorite dress in your wardrobe, think accessories and think a cardigan and jacket! It's such a quick way to update a look from season to season. 

And don't forget those knee highs! 



On Me: 

Dress- H&M
Cardigan- Forever 21
Hat- Forever 21
Knee Highs- Forever 21
Boots- Free People 
Jewelry- Rocksbox 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment