Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's a Gap Holiday in Drop Waist and Florals!



It's a holly jolly Christmas and I'm feeling happy, festive, and bright! It may sound cliche, but the holiday season is one that makes me feel all warm, cozy, and childlike- from getting Christmas cards in the mail from friends all over, to Michael Buble's Christmas album that sits on repeat in our apartment. Those are just two of the many wonderful things that make the holiday season so special! Being reunited with family, holiday movies with my little one (A Mickey Christmas, anyone?), gift exchanges, and Christmas shopping top my list of treats that put a smile on my face. 

And dressing up for the holidays is always a festive perk!  I love what Gap has been doing since Danish designer, Rebekka Bay, took the helm as creative director. There's a funky design infusion in its current collections (but still keeping to its classic reputation) that outshines the traditional Gap uniform we've been used to seeing and I've fallen in love with Gap all over again because of it. So when the opportunity came to team up with Gap at Lincoln Road for a holiday feature on how I wear my Gap, I literally (see above) did a little jig! 

This season was all about celebrating holiday looks with Gap's new Shine Collection. From 'Fair Isle' pieces to party dresses, there's something for everyone's fashion palette. 


I'm not one to shy away from florals and this drop waist black and blue floral number had my name written all over it! http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=15207&vid=1&pid=140155002) It was the perfect dress to personalize for the holidays and beyond. The blue is so striking when paired with black and I love the fit of the dress on my body, especially the poofy skirt! It's my three favorite 'F's'- fun, flirty, and feminine. 

There are so many ways to wear this dress but I opted to give it an edgier spin since it fits my boho glam personality and that's the vibe I was feeling. I took my new Steve Madden Fickkle boots for a test drive with the dress and I am obsessed with the style of the booty (http://www.stevemadden.com/product/FICKKLE/179609.uts). I should also mention that Steve Madden has never let me down when it comes to their booty selection. These almond-toe shape pair are not only comfortable, they're pleasing, complementary, and sleek, so they easily sharpen up any outfit. And you get a little extra bounce in your step (and look) with its right-sized heel. 



I'm not one to venture into the silver department when it comes to jewelry, but it was love at first sight when I saw this Aldo statement necklace in Liz's drawer! And that's Liz, as in friend/photographer extraordinaire of Ra-Haus www.ra-haus.com)! Not only does she kill it behind the lens, she has a pretty sick personal style as well. I switched out my accessories once I had my heart set on the silver piece and I am so glad I went with it, because there's something about silver combined with blue and black that's just magical. The juxtaposition of the heavy, tribal elements of the necklace work well with the insta-pop of the florals. 

By the way, can you spy my customized beaded bracelet by Jade's Jems? (www.jadesjems.com) It's my nonchalant nod to the cities I call home (NYC, I'll see you real soon!). It's a daily reminder of where my heart belongs. 


And did you notice anything different about my look? If you guessed bangs, you guessed right! I brought my bangs out to play with this Gap dress. It just called for it and so did the hat! It ties the look together in a perfect package! Now, this look wouldn't be freshly squeezed without a bit of print mixing and I did that subtlety with the help of this leopard crossbody from Cole Haan. I mean, this dress is just a fashionista's paradise for accessorizing! 

I want to put you up to the challenge! How do YOU wear your Gap? Maybe it's something that's already in your closet or maybe this dress is calling your name. Whatever it is, don't be afraid to express yourself and SHINE this holiday season with a one of a kind piece. 

Happy Holidays, squeezers!



On Me: 

Dress- Gap
Necklace- Aldo Necklace
Booties- Steve Madden
Hat- Nasty Gal
Bag- Cole Haan 

In Style, 

Kat 


No comments :

Post a Comment