Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Miami Style Map: Getting Back To Business



Hello Squeezers! Hope you all had a beautiful holiday with your family and friends and I'm so excited to FINALLY share a new post with you all. I want to personally thank you for your continuing support and patience as I juggle all these 'balls' all while being a new mom of two kids. One kid is a walk in a the park, but two, well, that's a whole new ballgame onto itself! While I may be tired and a self-proclaimed 'mombie,' I wouldn't change it for the world because it rocks. These two tiny people are my favorite; even when they drive me mad. 

Liz from Ra-haus Fotografie (www.ra-haus.com) and I teamed up to shoot this magical jumpsuit a few weeks back and excited to share the look and the fabulous pics with you guys. This is what I like to call my 'business chic' ensemble; which is a modern-woman-meets-working-girl with some of that 70's flair we've been seeing on the runway. Jumpsuits, big feminine bows sprinkled with some menswear inspo, and classic black and white color combos are some of the trends that continue to make a splash this spring. We saw it for fall, and spring is no exception. The only difference is a change in color palette. 





This look is exactly what I would wear to an office job because it's still playful but also work appropriate. Speaking of jobs, I've been toying with the idea of going back to work full-time. I've polished my resume and I'm currently updating my TV reel. I've gotten some great references and I've reached out to some of my old contacts. Now the only thing left to do is apply! I always knew that I wanted to go back to work full-time once I felt ready. On the one hand, I've been very fortunate that I've been able to freelance because it has given me the opportunity to be present for such a special time in both Maya and Rocco's lives. I've been there for some pretty remarkable 'firsts,' I've been able to do drop offs and pick ups, and I've been able to participate in so many school events because I'm able to make my own schedule. On the other hand, I've stayed connected to my career because of these freelance opportunities and have even traveled back to New York for work. As I've mentioned countless times before, my career is also a big part of who I am and if I didn't have a piece of that world in my everyday life, doing what it is I love to do, a part of me would be unsatisfied. I want Maya to know and see what it is to be so in love with doing something that you're passionate about and I want to be an example to her of what it is to be a well-rounded woman, who also happens to be a kick ass mommy and a career superhero! 

That's not to say it doesn't give me major anxiety to go back to work full-time. First off, I have to exercise those patience muscles and remember I'm in Miami- not New York- two very different playing fields as I've come to know. Second of all, depending on my schedule, I won't be spending my days with my babies and that's a whole new world for me; as is depending on outside help to assist with household and childcare duties. I'm so used to being in control and managing and organizing everything from feeding schedules to extracurricular activities, that letting go of some of these tasks is going to take some time getting used to. One thing I am looking forward to, though, is getting back to the swing of 'getting sh#$t done.' Working on segments, shooting stories, and getting those interviews is going to be such a fulfilling rush and its one of the most satisfying feelings of re-entering the workforce. 



And because its TV and its a more creative working environment, work attire is not so stuffy or 'business.' It's more relaxed; which allows for more dress-up options, like this statement jumpsuit from Forever 21. I love the way it elongates my legs because it makes me look like a glamazon supermodel! The jumpsuit is tailored all the way to the hip and then opens up with the wide-leg pant. I wore the jumpsuit with a white bowed blouse- my menswear element- which is still rather ladylike. This kind of jumpsuit is best worn with a shoe that has some height because anything else will make it look dumpy and cheapened. Plus, you don't want the bottom of your pants to drag. That's never in style! 

I can't wait to keep you posted on my job hunting adventures! Stay tuned.



On Me:

Jumpsuit- Forever 21
Blouse- H&M
Heels- Christian Siriano for Payless
Sunnies- Forever 21

In Style, 

Kat 

1 comment :

  1. Your jumpsuit is classy! I love to wear it! Looking for different styles of jumpsuits and rompers online, visit https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/women-jumpsuits-rompers.

    ReplyDelete