Thursday, December 31, 2015

Miami Style Map: Saying Adieu to 2015!



The champagne is on ice and somewhere in Times Square, Ryan Seacrest is getting ready to count us down into the new year. Another year has come and gone, with its triumphs and tribulations, and we welcome 2016 like a fresh chapter in a crispy, new book! We take the lessons and experiences of 2015 and repackage them as useful tools for the new year. We are one year wiser, one year stronger, and one year more successful and savvy (I like to think) as we prepare to navigate and conquer what 2016 has in store for us!

A new year is exciting; yet, the unknown can also be a bit scary. But I like to think of a new year as being full of hope and unimaginable possibilities. It is an opportunity to soar- to jump blindfolded into the unknown and hoping to find something unexpected when you land.



2015 was the year of continued growth for me. Not just emotionally, but physically as well. We kicked off the year with news that we were expecting another baby. And by September, our family had grown by one more. Rocco Sebastian joined our happy clan and he has brought so much joy and personality to our family of four. Becoming a mother for the second time, this time to a boy, is not just a blessing, but a gift. Little boys are gaga over their mommas, and I'm going to milk every smile, every giggle, every deep stare before I have to share him with another missus. The love in my heart and in my soul continues to expand and burst with excitement and hope. I'm still learning to semi balance the exhausting and happy chaos that exists in our lives and in our home and I have a feeling that lesson will be a consistent factor in my life. I don't believe in the 'perfect balance' or that 'having it all' phrase. It's not realistic and amounts to so much unnecessary and unwanted pressure. Life comes in ebbs and flows and sometimes that balance teeters. There will be days where one gets shortchanged more than the other and that's perfectly okay. The acceptance of that reality allows me to be the best mother to my two kids, the best wife to my husband, and more importantly, the best possible version of me. And I've only just begun! 

There were the unexpected curve balls that life likes to throw our way at the most opportune times (and I say that sarcastically)- like when Coco ruptured his Achilles and required surgery one week before Rocco's arrival. That was FUN! There's an image in my head of Coco rolling around in his knee scooter during my delivery that will always make for a good story. The only one not phased by this tiny hurdle was Maya, who relished  those scooter rides with her dad and took advantage of any opportunity to show off during school pick up. But we managed and survived, as we Buccios do. We stick together.






I'm grateful for both the blessings and challenges of 2015. Overall, it was a great year. I consider myself fortunate as I look back on the year, because even those overwhelming moments that can often feel defeating, served their purpose. They remind you to keep going because there's usually some type of reward on the other end, whether that reward manifests itself now or in the new year. I'm lucky to have a husband who although, sometimes, tests my patience and drives me mad, is probably one of the most amazing human beings on the planet. He is an exemplary husband and a loving father. He is my best friend. This year, we celebrated eight years of marriage and there is no one else I want by my side. I am proud of how much our marriage has grown (and continues to grow) and how much it has been strengthened. Marriage is not easy; and I consider it a great achievement. I want Maya and Rocco to know how beautiful marriage can be; how wonderful to spend your life with someone who shares the same goals and principles as you; to be with someone that respects and encourages you and your dreams; that makes you laugh uncontrollably and is there with you when you need to cry or just sit in silence. It is that same person that no matter how much they rattle you, there's no one else in the world you want to spend the rest of your life with. Marriage is supporting and loving each other through the difficult and questionable times, because its easy to love when things are going smoothly. It's holding each other's hand, smiling and saying, 'it'll work out,' because it always does. My wish is that one day my children will find that kind of love and I hope that Coco and I will serve as their inspiration. 

As we sit in limbo trying to figure out where our next career move will take us, whether its here or New York, it is not lost on me that Miami has opened a vault of career enhancements and opportunities that I did not expect in 2015. I came here kicking and screaming, yearning to return to New York, not wanting to give my hometown another chance. But sometimes you find opportunities in the least likely of places. It has been eye-opening on so many levels. I've reconciled with this city that once brought me so much pain. I have created some happy and fulfilling moments since coming back. It's not New York, but Miami is now home and I'm thrilled to share it with my family. Never underestimate someone with great resilience and determination- they are two of my best qualities and I have put them to good use in this amazing city and in life! I am proud of what I have accomplished and I look forward to what's to come, especially in my career. I have two happy children that give me the best reason to smile and to keep working towards a bigger and better tomorrow. 

2016 is going to be PHENOMENAL (and Buccio approved)!


 I don't believe in making resolutions; but, I do believe in starting the new year with an overall sense of positivity and possibility. I believe in living life to the fullest. I believe in being happy and creating my own destiny. I believe in living one day at a time and cherishing every moment with my awesome family. I believe in creating even more wonderful moments with my children, and helping them grow and mature into the kick ass little humans they are destined to become. I believe in surrounding myself with friends and family that nurture me with love and push me to become a better person. Last but not least, I believe in being thankful; as long as my family and I are healthy, happy, and safe, we're already off to a great start!

Here's to 2016. The best is yet to come.




In Style, 

Kat 


No comments :

Post a Comment