Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What's in My Summer Makeup Bag?!



It's summer, ladies! And that means time to refresh that makeup bag!

With an array of brands (and ads) available on the market trying their hardest to sell us their shiniest and spiffiest merchandise, whether it's a lipstick or a blush, beauty junkies have the pick of the litter when it comes to makeup products. 

And every season, when new colors and new collections roll out, I get excited to update my makeup with fresh and fun options to welcome the changing seasons. 

Summer means bright colors that pop! And I'm always on the hunt for those perfect shades that will take me through the sizzling summer months. When it comes to my summer makeup routine, I keep it as simple and clean as possible, with the focus being on lip color and bronzer. There are a few essentials that remain constant in my bag and these are products that have served my skin well! 

So without further ado, here's what's trending in my summer makeup stash! 


Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation-  Let's start with base! Since discovering this product last year, I haven't stopped using it. It's a foundation-based powder that's medium coverage, doesn't feel heavy, and goes on more like a powder than a liquid. It's perfect for my oily/dry combination skin. In the summer, I apply the foundation powder with a brush and lightly dust all over my face. http://www.lauramercier.com/foundation/smooth-finish-foundation-powder-prod1020001.html



Lancome Miracle Cushion- This light-weight foundation is the newest addition to my makeup repertoire! I've been applying it under my Laura Mercier Smooth Finish for extra coverage (when needed). The liquid foundation is contained in a cushion (yes, a cushion) and you can control what kind of coverage you need with the custom puff applicator. The foundation hydrates without being oily, and leaves a smooth finish after being applied! http://www.lancome-usa.com/Miracle-Cushion/1010654,default,pd.html?dwvar_1010654_color=220%20Buff%20(C)&cgid=makeup-foundation#start=1



MAC Beauty Powder/blush in Alpha Girl- This powder blush is a natural pinch to the cheeks! This shimmery coral hue goes on extra smooth on the cheeks and gives them a luminous glow over sun-kissed skin! http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/159/1249/Products/Face/Powder/Beauty-Powder/index.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU61029


Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze- I have found my go-to summer bronzer! The key to this bronzer is to go easy on the application. Too much bronzer shimmer is a major makeup faux pas. But done right, this Bobbi Brown bronzer highlights the cheekbones and gives you that golden goddess look only money can buy. http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/14022/8219/Makeup/Face-and-Cheek/Shimmer-Brick/Shimmer-Brick-Compact--Bronze

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Tiaga- I rarely wear eyeshadow in the summer, and if I do, I keep it simple with this combination eye shadow palette from NARS. I love that the colors have already been combined for you and i like the classic shades in this particular case. If I decide to keep it light, I'll go for the cream colored option, but if I want a soft smokey eye, I'll apply a touch of the grey. http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/duo-eyeshadow/999NACDUOES02.html?dwvar_999NACDUOES02_color=7845039037#start=1



MAC lipstick in French Twist, Make Me Gorgeous, and Reel Sexy- I've left the best for last! My secret weapon- my lipstick trifecta of summer shades courtesy of MAC. MAC never fails me when it comes to their eye-popping hues. I've been alternating between these three shades in the last few weeks. I love that I don't need to have a stitch of makeup  on when I apply one of these colors. My face brightens up in seconds! It's an instant face transformer. Bright pinks, corals, and peachy nudes are a fun substitute for the classic reds we are used to seeing. Pinks and oranges were a hit on the spring runway and a bright shade like these is the quintessential summer accessory every woman must have in her makeup bag! www.maccosmetics.com

I want to know what's in your makeup bag! What's your summer must-have item?

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment