Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother of Spring in Pink Blush Maternity



'The Mother of Spring has arrived!' as my photographer, Lizzie of Ra-haus (www.ra-haus.com) playfully dubbed my latest maternity look. As a fan of Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons on Game of Thrones, to be called mother of anything is a huge compliment. And I did feel quite ethereal and 'in bloom' in this femininely floral ensemble from Pink Blush Maternity (www.pinkblushmaternity.com). I wasn't familiar with this family-run fashion line, which caters to not only mommies-to-be, but to all women! Their pieces are fun, they're ladylike, they're budget-friendly, and they're expressive in their form, colors, and fit! 

I wanted to channel the gracefulness and delicacy of my pregnancy through something whimsical and slightly bohemian and when I had the chance to partner up with the Pink Blush, I thought this look was perfect for what I was trying to convey! Now that I'm in my second trimester and have graduated from all those pesky first trimester symptoms, I'm flying high and feeling fabulous. I've never felt more beautiful and more empowered than while pregnant. It is such a precious and overwhelming (on all fronts) time in a woman's life. We are bringing new life into this world. We are mentally, physically, and emotionally gearing up for our greatest role and responsibility yet- becoming a mother. And that can be exciting and terrifying all at the same time. But the moment you hold your new baby in your arms, time stands still and that notion of unconditional love becomes tangible and all-encompassing. 




You're probably thinking, "Wow, that's some outfit that makes you feel all these wondrous things about pregnancy." Well, this particular outfit lets me express how crazy/beautiful I feel about my pregnancy. I feel like a goddess (one whose night still hasn't been interrupted by the sounds of a crying newborn). I'm living in the moment and enjoying every second! 

I'm obsessed with this kimono (http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-14136-pink-rose-printed-maternity-kimono.aspx) because it takes on so many different personalities- from floral maven to feminine grunge- it's such a fun dress-up piece for any look, whether you are pregnant or not. I love blush pink because though it's muted and understated, it still packs a girly and classic punch. I basically picked my whole look based on this kimono. I paired it with a short sleeved taupe empire-waisted cotton dress ( http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-12714-taupe-solid-short-sleeve-maternity-maxi-dress.aspx) that is a necessary staple for any mommas-to-be during their growing nine months! You will live in these easy and comfortable dresses and they are a fantastic starter piece that can be accessorized and primped depending on your style personality. Don't be afraid to take fashion risks while pregnant. The way I see it, this is the perfect time to do it! Who's going to disagree with a glowing mother?!  




Because the kimono is the scene stealer in this maternity look, we kept accessories simple but still made sure they accentuated the pastel palette on the print. We are seeing tassels everywhere and this tassel trend is here to stay! I love this mint green, pink, and gold one (http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-13877-mint-green-pink-tiered-tassel-long-necklace.aspx) because it goes perfectly with the taupe.

And last but not least, these tribal-inspired white sandals were a nice departure from what I usually wear. I love that we are seeing a resurgence of white when it comes to shoes. These white cut-out sandals (http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-13240-white-cutout-sandal.aspx) are absolutely adorable and easily pairs with a either a dress, shorts, rompers, or even pants. They are a standout accessory! 

What makes you feel beautiful when you're pregnant? Even when I'm feeling exhausted,  I know that there are certain pieces in my closet that are an instant beauty pick-up! This kimono has officially become one of those pieces and I love what a mood-shifter it can be! 
Embrace the glow, embrace your growing bump, and don't be afraid to show it off! Be proud, be confident, for you are a superwoman on a mission- all thanks to Pink Blush Maternity! 



In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment