Monday, March 2, 2015

Miami Style Map: Into the (Miami Beach) Woods!



One of my favorite things about getting to work on this blog, is discovering and exploring city attractions that might be common knowledge to many, but still very new to me. One of these spots is the Miami Beach Botanical Garden, tucked away behind the Convention Center and blocks from the highly-trafficked Lincoln Road. 

These lush and tranquil grounds are a zen reprieve from the busy and on-the-go city life. The gardens were built in early 1957 along the historic Collins Canal, which were used to transport avocado and mango directly to the Port of Miami. And through the years, after economic recessions, hurricanes, and World Wars, the gardens deterioriated due to lack of funds and attention. But leave it to the people to bring the gardens back to life, and in 1996 that's what happened. The garden has been restored and is often enjoyed by tourists and locals alike. And the best part? It's free. (Learn more about the MBBG www.mbgarden.org



This was my first visit and it was absolutely lovely! (Raquel, my photographer, got some pretty amazing shots! www.raquelzaldivarphotography.com) And the perfect location to take this 'For Love and Lemons' dress (via Trend Rush boutique) and my Worth and Worth hat out for a spin! Fits in seamlessly with all the ferns and trees! The floral details on the black and dress number are minimal yet standout without being ostentatious and I absolutely love the low neckline! I added one of my chokers and kept the rest of the jewelry on the simple side. 



I'm so obsessed with my wine-colored Worth and Worth hat. It's such a classic touch and it works so well with any kind of outfit, particularly in this rustic landscape. 

It wouldn't be a freshly squeezed outfit without the a) hat and b) socks and booties! These Steve Madden booties haven't failed me or any outfit in my closet. They've become my go-to-shoe! They go well with everything from skinny jeans to flirty silhouette dresses! 


And say hello to my kitty kat! How cute is this Betsey Johnson clutch!? Especially the gold nose/clasp detail! 


On Me: 

Dress- For Love and Lemons Dress (Via Trend-Rush)
Hat- Worth and Worth Hat 
Booties- Steve Madden 
Clutch- Betsey Johnson 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment