Monday, October 13, 2014

Miami Style Map: A Mustard Seed Sprouts in Fall.


Contrary to weather reports, climate change, and a little thing called history, fall is basically a mythical illusion in the Magic City. But I hail from the land of believers and I want to believe that Miami does offer us fall-obsessed fashionistas, a smidgen of fall. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I'll take whatever I can get, really. Throw me a 50 degree day and I'll do a happy dance for you (no booze necessary). At this point, I'm hopeful 75 degrees will get the palm trees changing colors! 

My photographer, Raquel, calls it 'finding fall,' and that's exactly what we set out to do on our recent photo adventure. I love when great minds think alike. Raquel had been obsessing over this 'park' that she came across on her afternoon run, and I kept trying to guess what park she was talking about based on her description. Our guessing game finally paid off when we got to Alice Wainwright park, one of my favorite spots in the city, which also happens to have some of the most amazing views of Biscayne Bay. It was her first time there and seeing her awestruck reaction reminded me of my own when I first visited the park last year. Yes, I didn't discover this gem until my recent homecoming. I was late to the party on this one. But hey, how does the saying go, 'better late than never?'



Well, we did it. We found fall in Miami, or at least we found an autumn oasis amidst the palm trees and mosquitoes. I like to think that it was this outfit that made it happen. It's time to dish on the wardrobe and I just cannot get enough of this deep mustard prairie dress. From the moment I saw it while my husband was dragging me out of Zara, I knew it had to be mine. Fast forward a couple of weeks later on my trip to New York, and it made its way into my suitcase. I was sick as a dog and planned only to pick up this cozy knit cardigan to keep me warm, but I was out of it (too much Mucinex) and the next thing I knew the dress was at checkout (you believe me, right?). The fever made me do it. 

I love the rich tone of the dress, the small lace and embroidery details on it, and the sheer panel on the arms and neckline. It's a fall favorite. I added the oversized cardigan over it and the color combination is an autumn dream. I love how these two bold colors create a perfect synergy. 




The fun part was getting to accessorize this look! There are just so many options when it comes to jewelry. I wanted to keep showcasing this killer chain-like statement necklace against the mustard of the dress. I last wore this piece with a very streamlined and modern outfit and the fact that it can go from one extreme style personality to another, proves I got my money's worth. That, and the fact I'm a fashion chameleon. The gold serves as a great accent to the deep hues that dominate the look. Even the T-strap heels with the school girl socks, help in defining this look as feminine and fancy-free. 

You didn't think I was going to leave out the leopard out of this one, did you? I mean, it's practically begging for some animal print. This Nine west clutch with it's textured leopard flap and gold hardware, is such a versatile and complimenting bag for any kind of outfit! Keep your eye out. You'll be seeing it make several appearances in the coming months on the blog! 



I brought the bangs out for this look. Milkmaid braids just scream 'Fall' for me, and Ana from Makeup Artistry by Jessie, whips up the most delicious of braids! Thank goodness for clip on bangs. I get to enjoy the transformation without having to commit to the upkeep. 

This look (or a variation of it) is already packed in my bag, ready to take on the NYC chill! Oh how I miss that. 

What are some of your favorite fall must-haves? Do tell! 

On Me: 

Dress- Zara
Cardigan- Zara
Necklace- Aldo Shoes
Shoes- Tory Burch
Socks- Previously belonged to the husband (what's yours is mine!)
Purse- Nine West 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment