Monday, January 20, 2014

Well, Style Me Pretty!




Early spring is a lovely time of year in the city. The cherry blossoms awake from their seasonal slumber and Central Park gets a burst of greenery and life on it's naked landscape. It also happens to be a perfect setting to take photographs. Just ask our NYC photographer, Lindsay Madden, who knew that this flowery backdrop was essential for our family photo session to celebrate Maya's first birthday. Coupled with our wardrobe, which consisted of pastels, stripes, and bright hues, Lindsay was able to capture some very whimsical images on a gorgeous spring day. 

Now, I love dresses and I especially love to pair these feminine frocks with motorcycle boots. And as you make your way through this blog you'll notice I'm very faithful to my boots. My boots and I are one. I really do love adding a hint of toughness to something girly. It's usually how I see myself and it comes across in what I love to wear. So for this photo session, I paired a mint green maxi dress and a coral blazer from Forever 21 with my Steve Madden Troopa zip up motorcycle look. I have to tell you, cherry blossoms and motorcycle boots make a good team. Lindsay loved my look so much, she wanted to photograph each element of my outfit.   

Well it also happened to catch the eye of one of my favorite blogs, Style Me Pretty. Our cherry blossom session with Lindsay was featured on their site! It's always a nice treat to be recognized for your sense of style and this was truly a collaborative effort! They even included a "how to get the look" section for each of our outfits. What a fun honor! 

Check out the link on Style Me Pretty and keep strolling down to see some of the beautiful photos by Lindsay Madden photography! 


 Maya is wearing Baby Gap and Minnetonka booties.
 Coco is wearing H&M button down, Gap Jeans, and Cole Haan oxfords.
Maya is wearing Baby Gap and Gold Loafers from Trumpette.



On Me:

Mint Green Maxi Dress- Forever 21
Coral blazer- Forever 21
Statement necklace- Forever 21
Motorcycle boots- Steve Madden 

Photos by: Lindsay Madden Photography


In Style, 

Kat 



No comments :

Post a Comment