Monday, January 20, 2014

Rent the Runway...over and over again.



I'm a big fan and supporter of Rent the Runway and have been since it first started. I was lucky enough to produce several fashion segments with them and through our working relationship, I fell in love with the concept. 

Never has such a brilliant idea come around that has taken the fashion industry and millions of women's checkbooks by storm. The brainchild of two NYU grads, Rent The Runway is the answer to looking luxe for less. Why didn't anyone think of this before?! 

Gone are the days of splurging big bucks on a designer gown for a festive occasion. Times are tough and spending has been curbed. But that doesnt mean style and the latest spring collection needs to be sacrificed.Rent the Runway will be your new best friend. Trust me, it's mine. I cannot tell you the last time I actually purchased a dress at a store that I would only wear only to later spend the rest of it's existence collecting dust on a plastic hanger in my closet.

With the click of a button, RTR allows you to get that Carlos Miele gown, or Dolce and Gabbana cocktail dress you've been eyeing for your best friend's wedding or an upcoming fashion week soiree, for a fraction of the wholesale price. And when I say fraction, I mean it. You can walk away with a dress for less than $75! No fine print. Best part is that after your 4 or 8 day rental, all you have to do is put the dress in a pre-paid padded envelope, drop off at the nearest blue mailbox and voila! You are set. 

Availability and selection is error proof thanks to a calendar that first allows you to enter your rental date. You can further narrow your search by selecting a specific size, color or event theme. And it doesnt stop with the dress. No ladies, there is more! You can also rent accessories like Dannijo earrings, Judith Leiber clutches, and Ted Rossi cuffs. Styling from head to toe! Fierce. 

Seems like every designer is on board for this saavy dress renting trend and why shouldn't they be?! The time is now for the frugal fashionista!


Which brings me to my featured look! I rented this stunning red and white Halston Heritage dress for a bridal cocktail party and it was the talk of the town. I love the way this dress flows and to accentuate my waist and break up the pattern, I added a black braided belt and turquoise jewelry (earrings and ring) to give it a burst of color. Red and Turquoise compliment each other beautifully. My hair deserves its own fan page. The superbly talented Emiliano from the Warren Tricomi salon in Manhattan and Miami Beach created this braided updo to go with my Grecian inspired look. I kept the shoes simple with gold gladiator flats. 







On Me:


Halston heritage maxi dress- Rent the Runway

Braided belt- Forever 21
Turquoise earrings and ring- Banana Republic
Gold Sandals- Enzo Angiolini 

In Style, 


Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment