Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Miami Style Map: A Spanish Style Mash Up of Fierce Florals


Good Morning, good afternoon, and good evening my fabulous fashionistas! I'm back from New York and ready to share my next Miami adventures with you all!

After months of busy schedules (that's what happens when you're mom), supermom and photographer, Natalie from Suna Photography, and I were able to team up again for a fun sequence of shoots in Miami's oldest neighborhood- Coconut Grove. I have so many wonderful memories of rollerblading with my mom at Kennedy Park, or field trips to the Science Museum. And as I got older (and I got my hands on a really good fake ID) lots of blurry nights spent gallivanting and dancing the night away at hotspots like Bar 609, Valentino's, and Sandbar! I remember coming down from Manhattan to celebrate my 21st birthday in the Grove with my friends and I wore this Marc Jacobs Chinese top that was very reminiscent of these China girl pajamas I had as a child but only more expensive (The events of that evening are still a mystery but based on the pictures, I had a great time!)

The charming bayside neighborhood has an untouched bohemian quality about it that makes it one of the most picturesque spots in the city. Part tropical oasis, part waterfront gem, 'The Grove' as it's affectionately called, has been charming locals and tourists alike with its quaint streets, unique shopping, and tasty dining. Its lush surroundings and Spanish-style architecture, are evident at every turn. 

While I was doing some research on the neighborhood, I found out some interesting tidbits like: Did you know that playwright (and one-time Grove resident) Tennessee Williams, staged his production of 'A Streetcar Named Desire' at the now-defunct Coconut Grove Playhouse in the 1950's? Impressive. 



And because the Spanish elements are so beautifully pronounced and hard to ignore, we found them a fitting backdrop to photograph this gorgeously detailed leopard floral skirt by Fancyfox. One of the perks of being a producer and blogger is getting to meet all these interesting and cool people from all different walks of life. One of those people is the Austin-based designer of Fancyfox, Sara Largent, who's ladylike feminine frocks caught my eye on Instagram. I love the richness of her patterns and designs- they're colorful, bold, and just really fun dress- up pieces. And they're made in the great USA with an attention to quality and detail. Funny enough, my blog caught her eye and we were a match made in insta-heaven! I fell in love with this midi skirt (hello, pattern overload) and I knew I wanted the chance to style it and Sara was more than happy to oblige! 

I know this may seem hard to believe, but this skirt is actually a great neutral piece that can easily take on several style personalities. For this look, I paired the skirt with a graphic muscle tee and my ivory tuxedo blazer. The cream and black of the blazer and tee offset the vibrant leopard and floral patterns. The skirt is such a statement piece that you don't want to drown it with a busy top. 



I accessorized the outfit with these gladiator platform heels from Steve Madden and a playful black and gold necklace from H&M. The small white and gold clutch also adds a bit of modern pizazz to the girlish look.

This skirt is taking me places! And I hope it inspires you to check out all of Fancyfox's one of a kind designs. and who knows- maybe take one of their pieces for a spin in Coconut Grove!


On Me: 

Midi skirt- Fancyfox 
Muscle Tee- Forever 21
Ivory blazer- Urban Outfitters 
Heels- Steve Madden 
Clutch- Big Buddha Bags
Necklace- H&M 

In Style, 

Kat 


** Visit Fancyfox at www.shopfancyfox.com and follow them on Instagram at @fancyfoxclothing **

No comments :

Post a Comment