Thursday, November 19, 2015

Miami Style Map: Bringing a Sliver of Fall To Wynwood With Some Faux Accessories



It's fall in Miami, which translates to absolutely nothing! But that's okay, because there are still fun ways to update your wardrobe and pretend we have four seasons! 

I'm excited to share with you these images by photographer, Carmen Rodriguez. I met Carmen through another photographer and friend, Raquel, who before darting off to Northwestern University to do some pretty awesome things, connected me with Carmen. 
Carmen just returned from living in the fashion forward city of Seoul, South Korea after a year and a half! She tells me that America is behind by two seasons based on Korean street style. She's another young lady destined for greatness in her career path and I'm fortunate I get to link up with her for the blog! 

On our first date, we ventured to the Wynwood Walls for a casual meet and greet and mini photography session. We instantly clicked and I was a big fan of her sweet demeanor and eager personality! This is the first of many sessions to come. 




Onto the fashion! If you think your fur capabilities are limited to snow-kissed cities that overflow with pumpkin spiced lattes, think again. There's room in this sun-worshipping empire to enjoy the fun frills of faux fur. Besides those few below 69 degree days that grace us sometime between December-March, Miami fall and winter tend to bring agreeable and cool temperatures in the evening. It's the perfect opportunity to throw on that leather jacket you've been dreaming about or even a fur vest over a blouse or dress. 

I found this black faux number during Target's designer holiday collection some time ago. I've worn it twice already this month because it's actually lightweight and extremely versatile. I paired it with this peach-toned hi-lo blouse (a color which I rarely ever do but now love), and faux leather shorts. Faux leather shorts are another great staple for Miami weather. Leather pants and even leggings can cause serious sweat episodes, but donning shorts instead, is a great alternative. If you were to wear them in cold weather climate, wear them with a pair of opaque black or colored tights (they're currently packed in my suitcase). Why not even throw fishnet in there too! 



I'm obsessing over my Ivanka Trump modern oxfords. Besides being ridiculously comfortable, they pair so well with everything from shorts to maxi dresses. I've been giving my boots a bit of a break (but not too much of a break)  thanks to these shoes! I love their sleek style. 

Did you notice a change in my arm candy?! I actually changed things up! And it was all thanks to these stackable handmade bracelets from NY-based company, Albacore Jewelry (you can find them on Instagram @albadorajewelry). The company carries beautifully crafted and high quality jewelry from high-end international designers. The pieces are one-of-a-kind and can easily take you from day to night depending on outfit and style! I love the luxe simplicity of these bracelets with the faux accessories!

What fashion lesson did we learn from this post? We learned not to shy away from fur or leather (real or faux) because of the weather! Embrace the seasonal elements and play around with these fun accessories in your closet. You don't have to break the bank in order to own a piece of these trends. Visit budget-friendly stores or brands like Forever 21, Target, BB Dakota, who churn out an array of fur options season after season without putting too much of a dent in your pocket. And get wild! Throw on a pair of skinnies or your favorite floral maxi and add some fur and you'll be looking (and feeling) hot! hot! hot!



On Me:

Blouse- Forever 21
Fur Vest- Target
Oxfords- Ivanka Trump
Bracelets- Albadora Jewelry 
Shorts- Forever 21 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment