Friday, August 28, 2015

Miami Style Map: Between Two Ferns in Classic Denim



It's the bittersweet end of pregnancy! And I'm going to miss photographing all these fantastic maternity looks- like this denim swing dress from Seraphine Maternity (http://www.seraphine.com/us/denim-swing-maternity-dress.html). It was also one of my last shoots with one of my photographers, Raquel (www.raquelzaldivar.com), who is leaving me to head to Northwestern University to kick some academic ass! I'm so proud of her! Not only is she smart and determined, she's one of the sweetest, most easy going gals you will ever meet! I will definitely miss her, but Chicago has gained a talented chick. 



This denim dress is a dream- a classic one at that! What I love about this dress is that it's such a fun alternative to the expected denim blouse, jeans, and shorts. I'm a fan of any denim, but there's just something about a dress that gives it a casual and feminine twist! 

Seraphine Maternity makes the most picture-perfect denim dress that I will definitely keep using after I give birth. I love the flowy skirt and the empire cut. It's comfortable and easy to wear, especially when you're nine months pregnant! 

I've been going through my maternity clothes and setting aside the few things I will still use after pregnancy because as all moms know, after delivery, comes that challenging '4th trimester'- that unknown space that happens right after you give birth where you don't exactly fit into your regular clothes just yet, but you're not pregnant so not all that maternity clothes will fit right either.  So because of that,  I have a batch of '4th trimester' clothes I depend on during that transition! This denim dress is one of those dresses. 



We took this dress for a spin to the Design District and set it alongside this really vibrant and colorful mural on 38th St, near my apartment. Each time we pass by the mural, Maya says to me, "mami, look at all the birds!" She loves it and who can blame her! It's such a standout piece and shot alongside the denim, it really gives the dress center stage. 

I accessorized with these very soft and comfy leopard sneakers, my dinosaur necklace from Pixie Market, and my H&M hat! It's my go-to weekend outfit for any occasion. 

If you don't have a denim dress in your closet, go pick one up! And now with fall around the corner, think of the styling opportunities- tights, leather jackets, fur vests, and jewel toned hats! I'm getting excited just writing it!

Looking forward to sharing the last few of my maternity looks with you! 





On Me: 

Dress- Seraphine Maternity
Shoes- H&M
Hat- H&M
Purse- Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace- Pixie Market 


In Style, 

Kat 

1 comment :