Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Striped Dress for All Seasons - A Charlotte Russe Special!



You've heard me say it before- you don't need to break the bank to update your wardrobe. And as the seasons come and go, it's always fun to refresh your closet with some pieces that can take you from hot to cold and cold to hot. This striped t-shirt dress from Charlotte Russe, is one of those good finds (www.charlotterusse.com) and besides being ridiculously comfortable and classic, it's versatile and easy to dress up or down. 

I had a great time teaming up with Charlotte Russe in styling this striped number. I opted for the sportswear look. Yes, those are sneakers! An oddity in my fashion lexicon, but these Le Bunny Bleu grey and white 'Ari' leopard kicks ( http://www.lebunnybleu.com/gray-kaitlyn-sneakers.html ) are more 'pretty than functional' so they get my approval. I love the orange detail on these cool as shizzz sneakers!



 Because I live in Miami where an endless summer reigns 365 days strong, I don't get to have fun with my fall and winter outerwear. So I want to dedicate the next part of this post to all you 'four-season-climate-hogging' fashionistas (I think you can detect a hint of envy in my tone).  What I love about this dress is that it's a dress for all seasons. Pair it with cool sneaks or neon flats for summer and then when the first hint of fall hits your fire escape, add a pair of colored tights, T-strap heels, and a boyfriend blazer. Give it an update with a chunky grey sweater and some moto boots in the winter, and if it's spring, well, time to bust out the leopard! 

Staying true to my love for mixed media, I was pumped to bring out my Guess leopard coat to coordinate with the striped dress. Now that the snow is (finally) melting and temperatures are teetering somewhere in the 50's, a statement coat (think leopard, army green cargo, florals or a bright solid) is the perfect way to transition your look for spring. And you can never go wrong with stripes and animal print. And the best part? You don't have to store this dress when summer arrives in a few months. You can use it as a beach cover-up, or add a metallic sandal and wear to brunch with your girlfriends! Your options are unlimited.




I added this double bar necklace also from Charlotte Russe. It's simple and not overdone. 
I gave the pout a pop of orange color now that spring is in the air! The deep reds and purples have been stored and the oranges and pinks are out in full force! And the hair is courtesy of the amazing Glam Squad team. I took it back- way back- with this messy french braid. I adore it! Seriously, I could watch every french braid tutorial on Youtube, and nada. I'm still clueless. I'm thankful for this awesome service and for their mad braid magic skills! 

So instead of chucking that striped dress in your closet because its time is up, think again. Think spring. Think summer. It might just have some extra lives to live!

 


Spotted! An up close and personal look at my Le Bunny Bleu leopard sneakers.



Keep it French, mon cherie! Loving this messy french braid by Glam Squad.
On Me: 

- Striped dress- Charlotte Russe 
- Leopard Coat- Guess
- Necklace- Charlotte Russe
- Sneakers- Le Bunny Bleu 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment