Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Miami Style Map: Tapping Into the Tomboy Trend



I speak the language of culottes. These spring stunners are striding their way into fall with their functional allure. I also speak the language of comfort. Are they pants or a skirt? Well, a little bit of both (pants that end below the knee that give the illusion of a skirt). My mind has officially been blown. 

Remember when the skort was all the rage back in the 90's? Well, I don't know about you guys, but at 12 years old, I thought the moon and the stars had aligned when my mom bought me my first skort. The comfort of shorts with the girlishness of a skirt is every tween's dream! It was fate and I wore them everyday. I'm kind of having a deja-vu reaction with my faux-leather culottes. 

My photographer, Liz and I, continued our shooting escapades at the Lenny Kravitz designed Paramount Bay, which offers endless storytelling backdrops. Hence, a photographer and a blogger's dream! 



On my first run with my bad ass culottes, I decided to dabble in the tomboy trend. I've been stepping outside the box as of late and trying new looks that peak my fashion curiosity. I didn't have to look too far in terms of putting together my outfit. I had some pieces in my closet that easily translated into 'sporty chic' with just a couple of restyling tools. Sporty doesn't have to look like you're going to your school's gym class. The key to pulling off this look is keeping it polished and put together. 

I paired my culottes with a fitted striped crop top and added a light denim studded jacket over it for extra hype. The supplemental accessories were all about bumping up the edge factor of this look. These textured gold platform slip-ons by Steve Madden are the shizzzzz! They give new meaning to luxe sportswear. 

And I can't close up this post without giving MAJA props to my fierce earrings. These gold and faux-snakeskin lovelies need their own spotlight. They're big, bold, and beautiful. Plus, you get an up close and personal look at my fab makeup courtesy of Jessie, from Makeup Artistry by Jessie. Checkout those cheekbones! 

Like my hair? It's an easy two bobby pin style with a deep side part. Props to my girl, Becs, for inspiring the hairstyle.



On Me: 

Culottes- Zara 
crop top- Nasty Gal
Jacket- INC
Earrings- Steve Madden
Slip-Ons- Steve Madden 


In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment