Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Miami Style Map: The Minimalist Diaries



I can't begin to put into words how much I am obsessing over this particular series of shots and this look. My photographer, Lizzy, and I were reaching the end of our shoot and sometimes, when you least expect it, you get the most breathtaking results from the underdog of ideas. Say hello to the underdog. And I would hardly call it that. 

In the next couple of weeks, I'll be sharing a collection of shoots shot at the unique and urban Paramount Bay. Situated in the heart of downtown Miami on Biscayne Bay, this building was designed by the artistic brains behind Kravitz Designs (as in Lenny Kravitz, yes). It's a Miami oasis blended with modern sophistication.

This particular room, with its sleekness and modernity,   ties in perfectly with the graphic black and white print of this minimalistic look. 



The clean aesthetic of the interior lends itself seamlessly to my polished look. I love the simplicity of the balck and white blouse paired with the waffle-print skirt. I originally wanted to photograph this look with my new gold slip ons, because that's another way I would wear them but I opted for heels because I was feeling extra feminine. 


Can we talk about the outrageousness of this statement necklace?! I love the heavy gold layering how it's completely adaptable to different style profiles. This look was just jonesing for a high ponytail- something a tad bit more mischievous and fun that went with with this modern ladylike persona! 



On Me: 

Blouse- Forever 21
Skirt- H&M
Necklace- Aldo 
Shoes- Jessica Simpson 


In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment