Monday, October 27, 2014

Miami Style Map: Meet My Spirit Animal


Ever wonder what your spirit animal would be? I've heard and read so many people talk about their spirit animal I was starting to get curious as to what mine would be, so I did the most logical thing I could think of- I went straight the revered Internet, because doesn't Google have all the answers?! 

So after taking a few "What spirit animal are you?" quizzes, my answer came in the form of a Bear. I never expected a grizzly bear to be the beast to best describe me, but after reading it's significance, it made perfect sense. Bears represent courage, strength, and confidence- three traits I can confidently (see that) say that embody who I am, which have only been strengthened by the challenges I have overcome. I am someone that takes action, is aggressive, but also nurturing. And like my spirit animal, I enjoy quiet time to focus on myself and recharge my batteries. Maybe next time I see a bear, and our eyes meet, I won't instantly think, "he wants to eat me." Maybe he's just really saying, "what's up, girl. Let the spirit move you." 

Or maybe it just really wants to eat me. 



As we were shooting this look at the gorgeous Paramount Bay building, Lizzie, Chris (from Ra-Haus Fotografie), and I kept referring to it as the 'spirit animal' look. I think between the distressed wild horse tunic, commanding ram head table, and the cage like wall panels,  the animal motifs were flowing throughout the shoot. 

I love this tunic (thank you Urban Outfitters sale)! It's crazy, sexy, cool and it drapes so effortlessly on the body. This tunic is begging to get layered. I wore it with a leopard bralette underneath and my jean shorts. I also wore it as a beach cover-up because it's so simple and easy. 

And because it's so open, you can get creative underneath with tanks, lace camis, and bralettes- whatever fits your style. I added my moto boots to continue with the bohemian trend. 


I think the accessories really take this look up a notch. The lavender lock in my hair courtesy of True Hair Miami compliments the free spirited frock as do the stacked rings and arm candy. You can really see my bralette in the last two pics. It's like I'm naked but not really.

And of course, I couldn't finish off this look without my trusty sombrero, adding some more flair to my gypsy warrior look.

Unleash my spirit animal! what's yours? 




On Me: 

Tunic- Urban Outfitters
Bralette- Forever 21
Jean Shorts- Forever 21
Hat- Forever 21
Rings- Gorjana
Boots- Steve Madden 
Necklace- Aldo 

In Style, 

Kat 

1 comment :

  1. I love your rings!!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete