Sunday, August 17, 2014

Feel the Blogger Burn- A Day of Pampering at Exhale Spa Leaves Me Feeling Like A New Woman

 

We live in a fast-paced world, infused with the daily nuances of stress, obligations, and commitments. And once in a while, for the sake of sanity, we need to remind ourselves that as much as we get sucked in to the robotic madness of our day to day lives, we must  disconnect in order to recharge our batteries and feel whole again. Basically, we need not go cray. And exhale. 

I was recently invited to check out the new Exhale Spa at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. A full day of pampering, exercise (a slight cringe), and sun enjoyed over cocktails, small bites, and good company was at my fingertips. I could taste it.  How could I say no to such a therapeutic proposition?! I can barely find the time for a massage, let alone a facial, add on top of that my full-time job as a mom and my freelance gigs, and I barely have time to blink. But I was on a wellness mission to enjoy a full day of 'me' time. In came the babysitters, and off I went to relax and indulge. 

Come with me as I take you on a photographic tour of my full blogger spa experience! 


Photo by: Maria Tettamati / The Wordy Girl

First stop on our rejuvenation journey- welcome fruit drinks at the SOAK cabanas- A beautiful St. Tropez style lounge area overlooking the hotel pool, equipped with lounge chairs, private air-conditioned cabanas, and even a DJ! 

And doesn't my crisp white Zara tunic dress and loafers do just right with the picturesque backdrop? I took full advantage of this private nook in between treatments to lay out and enjoy some chilled prosecco and a refreshing swim. After all, this is the manifested definition of 'sit back and relax' is it not?!

Photo by Anthony Jackson/ @elitekarma
Photo by Anthony Jackson / @EliteKarma

I'll admit, the idea of exercise doesn't exactly conjure thoughts of rest and relaxation for me. It's often welcomed with a cringe. My exercise level is at an embarrassing zero and the only exercise I do is running around after a toddler. While I was living in the city, I walked everywhere- to work, to the train, to the park, and to meet friends. But since giving birth to Maya and moving back down, this Core Fusion class was only my second attempt at working out so I was a little nervous about what to expect. But I was determined to challenge myself and get through the class! To say it was intense is the understatement of the century!  I was using muscles I never knew I had. By the end of the class, I was virtually dead, but my heart was pumping and dare I say, it felt good. 




With all those squats, push-ups and downward facing dog positions, I was ready to eat. And what a delicious spread! Grilled shrimp skewers, tomato and burrata salad, and short rib plantain lollipops, were just some of the few appetizers laid out for us to savor back at the SOAK Cabana! But the real showstopper was dessert! Just see for yourselves...



Loews pastry chef, Rene Contee, whipped up customized desserts featuring our personalized blogger logos! Not only was this a creative touch, but a thoughtful gesture to the already top notch service provided to us by the Loews Team. How deliciously cute are my Freshly Squeezed lemon tarts? So delicious that I ate three. Yum. 



After stuffing my face, it was time for my beauty treatments! I started with a fresh manicure al fresco and then off to the spa for my signature facial. My face was excited. Valentina, my skin technician, was extremely thorough and attentive to all my needs and concerns. My skin is still not acclimated to the Miami weather so I was very much looking forward to starting my skin regimen from scratch. After my hour facial treatment, my skin felt softer, and looked brighter. I was a satisfied customer (don't believe me, just look at my smile on the pic above)! 


After my facial, I had the opportunity to try out an acupuncture treatment for the first time. I didn't know what to expect- the only thing I knew about acupuncture was that it was a form of Chinese medicine and it involved tiny needles. My interest was peaked and after a quick intro on the history of acupuncture and its benefits, I was ready to give it a whirl.  I was poked with a few of those tiny needles in specific pressure points (two on my feet, one on my forehead, and two on my hands), and left to relax and zone out while listening to soothing music and mantras. The hard part was actually keeping still for that short period of time, which proved rather difficult. I was getting antsy and restless. Plus the thought of needles sticking out of my body was slightly odd. Overall, it was a very cool experience and so happy I got to do it, but it's not something I would do again. 


Photo by Anthony Jackson/ @elitekarma


The last and final stop on our spa day of fun was an outdoor happy hour at Lure Fishbar to sample some of their Miami Spice menu items and signature cocktails. Heaven! I am a BIG fan of Lure. I used to frequent the Soho location in the city for sushi whenever I was in the neighborhood so to have a beach outpost minutes from my apartment is a foodie perk! I recently celebrated my seven year wedding anniversary at the restaurant and it was simply amazing. The ambiance and decor are superb, the service above average, and the food off the charts. The happy hour was no different. I couldn't think of a better way to wrap up such a luxurious spa experience!

Thank you Loews Hotel, Exhale Spa, and Lure Fishbar, for the incredible services and red carpet treatment! I will definitely be back. 

Take advantage of Spa Month and book a service at Exhale Spa: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Miami-Beach-Hotel/spa

Miami Spice wil be going on through the end of September. Make a reservation at Lure Fishbar 


In Style, 

Kat 

4 comments :

  1. I have visited this site but artists who are trying to get the proper satisfaction in music then visit our site. for more information visit this site.
    The fort lauderdale dj will be needed for the full realization of the benefits that can be obtained from society. This also allows for more mutual understanding regarding the photo booth rental . The djs in Miami are the very best in every regard and they can really produce some outstanding music. The djs in boca raton are trained to entertain the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you had quite a day! I bet it was very relaxing and stress-relieving. I wish I could spend every day like that, I would never get tired of it. Thanks so much for sharing! http://houseofbiancodayspa.com/pt-services/day-spa/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place, love it. when can I ever get a chance to be pampered like this too . I love it when it feels and sound natural too. Going to find out best cheap spas in Manhattan
    , It somehow can help me relax more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. كثرة التصادمات التي واجهها المرء طول فترة حياته على أحد مفاصل الجسم ، يسبب خشونة المفاصل وفيزيو سبا توفر لك علاج خشونة المفاصل بوسائل فعالة.

    ReplyDelete