Monday, July 28, 2014

Miami Style Map: The Little White Dress


Thanks to revered icons like Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn, the little black dress (LBD) has become part of every woman's fashion lexicon and if you take a peek into said woman's closet, chances are you'll find one or two of these uniform pieces hanging in there- one that can easily take you from day to night. 

But what about the 'little white dress'- the little black dress's more playful and pure cousin? The one that makes you feel ethereal and fresh and seems to only make an appearance during the summer months? I'm more of a "wear my white dress all year round" kind of girl. And I love my white dresses with a pair of beat up boots or some metallic gladiator sandals. Whether you prefer yours form-fitting or free-flowing, a white dress should be a staple in every stylist fashionista's must-have wardrobe. 




I'm giddy to share my little white dress with y'all! Actually, there's a couple of things I'm excited to share. First off, meet Raquel http://www.raquelzaldivar.com/#0. She's a kick ball all-star and talented photographer all rolled into one and I had the pleasure of teaming up with her for a few Freshly Squeezed projects. Not only is she a doll and a whiz behind the lens (she was a fly-on-the-wall force during Swim Week), but she can roll around and shoot in four inch heels when she needs to. Trust me. I've witnessed the magic. I sent her a pic of my dress, and she came up wit this watercolor mosaic backdrop somewhere in Downtown Miami that is just perfect alongside my white number. 

Next up, let's talk about the steal I got on this Free People dress. On a recent trip to Bloomingdales, I spotted this boho frock hanging on a side rack just waiting for me to come along. I love me some Free People, but it's no secret that it's not very cheap. So usually when I do splurge on one if their signature pieces, it's because I've been coveting it for a while. Now, this off the shoulder eyelet dress was a spontaneous purchase. I flipped the price tag and behold- SALE! And not just a 20%-30% sale, but a whopping 75% off then an extra 30% using my loyalist card. Seriously, did I just score a $270 dress for 55 bucks? I must be free people dreamin'.  I want to live in this dress. 



There's so much great detailing on this dress- from the lace on the bust area and the sheer panels that fall over the shoulder, to the hi-lo length on the skirt. I particularly love this length because you can actually see the shoes I'm wearing! And like I said, a pair of boots are never more than an arm's reach away from anything I wear in my day to day. These Steve Madden Troopa boots have miles. 


Here's an up close and personal look at all my outfit accessories and details. This black felt has been one of my best purchases to date, and an easy way to add a bohemian element to a dainty and feminine dress. My 'K' initial necklace, a gift from a friend, sits close to my neck and is perfect for layering. I paired it with my long necklace courtesy of Brooklyn Charm. And say hello to my arm candy! Those candy-colored bracelets are from local Miami designer, Taudrey. 

So ladies, next time you hit your favorite store, browse the sale racks and keep an eye out for that little white dress that's good for all seasons! 

On me: 

White dress- Free People (Bloomingdales)
Hat- Urban Outfitters 
Shoes- Steve Madden
Necklace- Brooklyn Charm 
Candy Colored bracelets- Taudrey

In Style, 

Kat 

2 comments :

  1. I am a huge fan of Free People!! In love with this dress, what an awesome steal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great snaps! love this look! <3

    www.ojandcigs.com

    ReplyDelete