Thursday, April 24, 2014

Designing Duo, Proenza Schouler, Team up with MAC Cosmetics For a Super Colorful Collection


One of the perks of being a blogger and producer is getting to test out some of the anxiously anticipated makeup collections before they hit stores worldwide. And when it comes to playing with makeup and getting to test out different looks, its more like being a kid in a candy store than a work assignment! 

So when I received my goodies from the new Proenza Schouler for MAC collaboration, I was in color heaven. The highly praised designing duo pulled out their big beauty guns for their collection with MAC and organically pulled off a glamourous yet uppity nonchalant repertoire of products. Lazaro Hernandez (who also happens to be a Miami native) and Jack McCollough were inspired by the vibrancy and colors of the 90's era and opted to focus on super bright ombre blushes and high impact lip shades like a bold tomato red and a fun pink. All while still keeping to their trademark classics of nude and black. 


And the metallic packaging is just as fabulous and catchy! 




No one was more excited than my go-to makeup artist, Jessie (from Makeup Artistry by Jessie) to try out the sleek and shiny merchandise on a fresh canvas (that would be moi!) It wasn't easy to decide on a lip color since I was already equally smitten with all the options, but at the end, the Mangrove lipstick won out the rest. 

Mangrove lipstick from the Proenza Schouler for MAC collection

Jessie first lined my lips wit the High Energy Pro Long Wear lip liner (always a must if you want that lip liner to stay put throughout the day) and then she filled in the rest of my lips with the Mangrove lipstick. I love this color because it's not exactly a fierce red but it's not an orange either. It's confident and eye-catching and can still dress up your face (and an outfit) with a few swipes. For my coral-pinched cheeks, Jessie applied the Ocean City ombre blush and lined my smokey eye with the Pro Long Wear Black Ice eye liner. The finished product was just as I expected- sensationally super bright and cool. 

I think I've found my new sizzling shade for summer! So if you're looking for an easy breezy way to update your wardrobe, make your way to the nearest MAC counter on May 1st and stock up on this chic collab. 

You don't want to miss out. 



And kudos to the ever so talented Lizzie Renfrow from Ra-haus Fotografie for capturing these amazing beauty shots of me wearing the Proenza Schouler x MAC collection. 




On Me:

Lipstick- Mangrove
Lip liner- Pro Long Wear Lip Liner in High Energy
Blush- Ocean City Ombre blush 
Eye liner- Pro Long Wear Eye Liner in Black Ice 

In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment