Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Styling my latest Target Collab!



If you're one of the many die hard fashionistas that can't seem to shake the thrill of the chase that comes from a Target designer collaboration, then we speak the same language. LIMsanity (Phillip Lim for Target) took it to a whole new level for me- as in I stayed up until 3am loading my online cart, all while trying to keep my sleep deprived eyes and brain from shutting down. And what was the outcome? Everything, except a handbag, went back. I swore I wouldn't do that again. 


Then came Peter Pilotto and it was deja vu all over again. The funky prints, the bold colors, and the geometric graphics reminded me of a kaleidoscope you play with as a kid. But for this collaboration, I took the "lo que sera, sera" approach, and took my chances. At 7am on the release date, I begrudgingly got up, shopped from my phone, scored four items, and then went back to bed. Well done, Katherine, for not completely drinking the Target kool-aid. 


A week later, I received my purchase and 3 out of the 4 items went back to Target and this skirt was the sole survivor. I love the way this pencil skirt fits and it has the versatility to be worn dressed up or down. I've been embracing more of the form fitting skirts as you've seen recently on the blog and the bright blues on this particular one, are smile inducing. And the combination of florals, stripes, and criss cross black and white, is a brilliant modern mix that makes this skirt a bag of fun. 




There are so many different ways you can pair this skirt and I went with a loose graphic tee and a boyfriend blazer. The shoes are Sam Edelman wedges. Because the skirt is so playful, you can also opt to wear flats with it (try leopard) or even sky high heels if that's what floats your boat! 





To complete the look, I added my new Norah Pendant statement necklace from Stella and Dot. It's such an art deco inspired piece and combined with the graphic skirt, it enhances the overall architectural elements of the outfit. 






On Me:

Graphic tee- Forever 21
Boyfriend blazer- Urban Outfitters
Skirt- Peter Pilotto for Target
Shoes- Sam Edelman 
Necklace- Stella and Dot 

In Style,

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment