Monday, March 31, 2014

Fashion Happy Hour Takes Over Galleria Gum in Wynwood




Cast Photo of the evening's blogger hosts and stylists. It was such a pleasure getting to meet and mingle with such stylish ladies (Back row: @mightyxmari, @christinicalia, @fiercelythriftin, @alamodemaya, @kasinkeila.  
Front Row: @freshlysqueezedfashionista, @co_vol, @bianca_fash)
This past Friday, I had the pleasure of attending the Fashion Happy Hour event at Galleria Gum in Wynwood. As a new blogger on the scene, these events are a great way to not only meet other local bloggers in your city, but also get to experience an array of talented local vendors eager to show off their goods. After many months in Brickell, Fashion Happy Hour made its debut in Wynwood, the mecca of all things art in Miami. Not only did I get to mingle with my fellow blogger babes and peruse some of the merchandise over some libations, I also got to savor some pretty cool art work scattered throughout the gallery. 

I was extra pumped when I was asked to style one of the models (provided by the D.A.M.A Schools) at the event using only the inventory from the vendors on site. I was up for the fashion challenge! Once I met my beautiful model, Allison, we hopped from table to table picking out items for her potential look. The first piece I fell in love with, a tropical motif sheer button-down blouse, gave way to the rest of the outfit. The blouse came courtesy of Love Shopping Miami, an online shop carrying everything from bright clutches to leopard shorts. 




I also picked up a coral envelope clutch for my model's look at Love Shop Miami, which I later purchased for myself!







Accessories took center stage at the Love Shopping Miami Pop Up. 

Floral jackets and denim corset crop tops are some spring and summer essentials available at Alma Mei boutique.
With my look, I wanted the focus to be on the mix of patterns and fabrics that could bring something fresh and different to the table. Pairing the unexpected together, breathes new life into an outfit that could otherwise remain in the "playing it safe" box. I found a great pair of black and white tribal print shorts at the Alma Mei booth that went really well with the tropical blouse. Style is all about taking risks and this was one of those risks that fashionably paid off at the end. I wanted to add an extra something special to the outfit so when I spotted a light denim corset crop top, I had an instant 'aha!' moment. I layered the denim top underneath the blouse and had it peek out just a bit. 



Chapter Three Creations was one of my favorite vendors of the night. I absolutely love her handmade one of a kind pieces. 
Now that the outfit was complete, we needed the final touches in the form of accessories. My first stop was at the Chapter Three Creations table. The owner and designer, Claudia Fernandez, hand crafts and paints each item herself, giving each piece a one of kind feel. I picked out a few of their copper wire bracelets to go with my look. Additional bling bracelets were provided by Shop Arm Candy, also at the event. 


My next find was a big statement necklace from Addiction. I also snatched a black beanie that I thought would really compliment the look. 


Allison sporting a chunky necklace and 'Boy' plated beanie from Addiction. 

I wanted to keep her earrings simple and I was able to do that with the help of jewelry line, Tarbay. They had the most unique pieces, including the heart shaped wire earrings I picked out. 


And with that, my model was set for her runway debut. It was fun getting to hear all the positive feedback on her outfit and on all the pieces I used. I kept describing her look as "urban-tropical" since we blended styles and pieces to achieve something vibrant and upbeat that still oozed street cred. 




And here's what yours truly wore to the Fashion Happy Hour event! 




On Me: 


Skirt: Kensie

Muscle tee: Forever 21
Shoes: Dolce Vita
Blazer: Urban Outfitters
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Crossbody: Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Necklace: Aldo shoes 

In Style,


Kat 


**** ALL PHOTOS PROVIDED BY @THELOUISCOLLECTION. FOLLOW HIM ON INSTAGRAM ****

4 comments :

  1. Hi there my dear ? I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

    Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    I will follow you back! XOXO

    Korean Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy and company made my wedding dreams come true. My family and friends were thrilled by the atmosphere, fabulous food and drinks here. And I'm still thankful to them today for the best day of my life!
    Wedding venues Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today Fashion become a passion of life and those picture really great and specially your dress so much beautiful.

    Fashion Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing beautiful information. Buy the latest Cosmetics and Make up in Dubai UAE with some of the international brands readily available in Dubai UAE with FREE Delivery across Dubai. you can also check Online Shopping In Dubai and Uae Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete