Thursday, February 6, 2014

Get the Look- Inspired by H&M


If the first thing that drew you to this H&M outfit was the yellow, then my friend, we are fashion soul mates because that color hypnotized me as soon as I laid eyes on it. I have a thing for yellow, but in this particular sunflower shade. It's bold, it's modern, and it reminds me of Michelle Williams in that drop dead yellow Vera Wang dress she wore at the 2006 Oscars. That's when my love affair with yellow began. Paired with black with the right accessories, the look can be completely classic. All the pieces are fantastic as stand alone (work that bodysuit!) but together they work even better. I thought, "how can I put my own spin on this look?" I took a shopping trip to H&M and this is my interpretation of this black and yellow outfit. 



It's all about the sweater crop top for this look and it's easy to see why it's my current obsession. The 90's are back and we're seeing hints of it in these tops. The crop top look isn't a look I normally go for (post pregnancy belly still lingers and I have zero plans to do any work for it to go away), but together with a high waisted pant, like the tuxedo ones I am wearing, it's a fashion slam dunk. Don't like pants? Pair it with a skirt. Or even shorts. The yellow is what did it for me. This hue is eye-popping and a statement piece. And it doesn't necessarily have to be worn with black. Try a fun pattern like leopard or florals  for a funkier jive. 



I threw off the look with a black beanie on purpose, but I also happen to love a good beanie. It's one of the many things I miss about living in a city with seasons. 




I kept accessories minimal. The statement necklace is black with some gold elements and the box clutch also comes with a gold shoulder strap.




Can't forget a dash of leopard. These peep toe Louboutins go hand in hand with the mellow yellow crop top. 


And now that my outfit is complete, I'm off to celebrate my birthday with my better half.


On Me:


Top- H&M

pants- H&M
clutch- H&M
beanie- H&M
Necklace- Forever 21
Heels- Christian Louboutin

In Style,


Kat



No comments :

Post a Comment