Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fashion Happy Hour!


There's a first time for everything and last night I attended my first blogger event in Miami. The Fashion Happy Hour, as the event was called, was held at Red bar Gallery in Brickell, and it was hosted by fellow Miami blogger, Valentina Leon. It was a fashionably laid back setting for Miami bloggers to mingle over live music and drinks and do a little shopping in between! 

My date for the evening was the ever so chic, Netty (the fashionable esq), who happens to be an old friend from our days as awkward teens at Our Lady of Lourdes Academy. We have gotten better (and more stylish) with age, if I do say so myself! Netty has been beyond lovely for showing me the blogging ropes since I've landed in Miami. 




One of my favorite vendors of the night was Haute Blossom. I was obsessed with her handmade and individually unique flower head pieces. I bought this blush colored mini rose headband that's all sorts of whimsical and poetic. And coincidentally, went great with my linen floral blazer! I have outfit visions for this piece. 


Let's transition to the outfit of the evening! 




Oh, there's my balcony again. It's instant access to an outdoor space and my default outfit backdrop, until my two year old can perfect her selfie skills and I can put her to work on location (Tiger mom, anyone?).


This is the first time I wear these black and peach harem pants with heels of any kind. I usually pair them with flats or my moto boots. Today I went for height, thus, eliminating any chance of looking 'dumpy' in loose fitting pants. I added my grey 'NYC' tank under a linen floral blazer. My best accessory are my deep purple lips courtesy of MAC Cosmetics. I was in the mood for a little bit of punk on my face. (Lipstick is Cyber from MAC Cosmetics)




And I must mention the most iconic and classic purse baby in my collection- my quilted Chanel 2.55 bag. Let's just admire it for a few seconds...5...4...3...2...1. Isn't just divine? The gold bracelet is vintage.  


And there you have it! 


On Me: 


Floral blazer- Urban Outfitters

NYC tank- Forever 21
Harem Pants- Forever 21 
Boots- Aldo 
Bags- Chanel 
bracelet- vintage 

In Style.


Kat


No comments :

Post a Comment