Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Standard Package.


When my sister-in-law came to town for a week long visit, I was beyond over the moon ecstatic. Coco and I were craving some New York flavor in our fairly new Floridian life and we were missing family. The list of places I wanted to take her too was endless (and thanks to the polar vortex we got an extra day of fun). 

Miami is more than Ocean Drive, Wet Willies, and Mangos. Don't get me wrong, these places are fun- just ask any tourist. But there's more to Miami than 'the strip.' One of my favorite spots to hang out for drinks, lunch, or even sexy Bingo, is The Standard. I love that hotel and I love the location. It's a zen oasis once you step foot into its retreat. And it can also feel like someones very cool 1960's living room- like if Mad Men had a timeshare in sunny South Florida. 


I've fashionably sneaked in to lounge by the pool many times (can you tell I'm proud?!) and don't even get me started on their Miami Vices. Best libations ever. Well needless to say, my sister-in-law and her boyfriend fell in love with The Standard. The view doesn't hurt either and I love the fact that it's kid friendly. 


Here I go rambling again! Let's talk about the outfit. 



I'm obsessing over these clear sunnies from Forever 21. I'm VERY loyal to my classic black Ray-bans. I think they've had the longest life span out of any designer glasses I've ever owned. I rarely deviate from something that works and those Ray-Ban shades work. BUT, these clear specs are a fun alternative and I'm really digging. 


How bout those pink smackers?! Thank MAC for those (color: Silly). They compliment the hot pink detail on my NYC pug tee and black and white polka dot leggings. There was a slight breeze in the air so I brought my jean vest out to play. My oxfords aren't really "beachy," but they can hold their own.  


On Me:


leggings- Forever 21

Tee- H&M
Jean Vest- Forever 21
Sunnies- Forever 21
Oxfords- Steve Madden

In Style,


Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment