Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shoulders For Days.

Everything that's old is always new again and for me, that everything is shoulder pads. I love shoulder pads. I used to love watching my mom get dressed and slip on her monochromatic suits and color block blazers and bam! Shoulder pads in your face. 

It's one of those trends that should have stayed at the party. Yet on that fashionable occasion, it makes a very glamourous cameo on runways and red carpets when done right. It's not about how high you can go, I mean, you don't want to look like you're a perpetual shrugger. Awkward. But how structured and tailored the jacket is. 


Take for instance this fitted H&M floral blazer from their Conscious Collection. It is divine and the right amount of shoulder swag. I love how this looks over a graphic tee and printed pant. I paired mine with my polka dot skinnies. I didn't want to overstimulate with a Crayola box of colors so I picked timeless colors like red, black and white. I went playful with the vibrant necklace and kept my flats simple in classic red. 


Oh, and 1984 called. It wants its shoulder pads back. 


On Me: 

Red floral jacket- H&M 
Rock n Roll tee- Forever 21
Polka dot skinnies- Ann Taylor
Red Flats- Fendi 
Necklace- Zara
Crossbody- Forever 21 

In style, 


Kathy 

No comments :

Post a Comment