Monday, January 20, 2014

Get Nailed.

I'm a very classic chick when it comes to my nails. I like my nails extremely short and extremely dark. My go to color is black because it's moody, glamourous, sexy, and tre chic rolled into one. And I like to keep it, for the most part, in the gray/navy pool with the occasional pop of brights when spring and summer roll around. But lately, I've ventured out of my comfort zone to try some- wait for it- nail art.

Now, when I think nail art, I think airbrushed nails to the nines, overgrown fingernails bedazzled with too many rhinestones, and big booties. Yes, the third kind of throws you off. But for those willing to try new things, there's nail design beyond the airbrush. One of my favorite shops to follow on Instagram is Vanity Projects out of the Lower East Side (@vanityprojects) who do some pretty dope designs that are definitely eye catching. They made an appearance at this year's Art Basel festival in Miami and created some one of a kind looks on nails of all shapes and sizes. If you're looking for something easy and on the cheap, try some of the on trend nail stickers at your local drugstore. Sally Hansen has a good selection. They make it so easy to experiment! Check out the photo above. That's me sporting some black and white polka dot nail stickers I picked up at Walgreens. I already have my eye on a neon leopard print for my next DIY project.


Take a peek at some of the other looks I've done that have been Pinterest and/or Instagram inspired! You don't have to go overboard on this trend. Let it fit your beauty profile!





Like my crazy gorgeous Art Deco ring? It's by Lia Sophia Jewelry.
I picked this up during New York Fashion Week. 


In Style, 

Kat 

No comments :

Post a Comment