Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Club Monaco Birthday- Treat Yo Self!


I am head over heels in love with this outfit from Club Monaco. How fiercely glam is this all black ensemble?! More importantly, how tres chic is the latest spring collection at the store? A variety of stripes, florals, polished sweaters, and leather details (on shorts, pants, and skirts) are adding an unexpected twist to a mostly clean cut and crisp brand. 



This is a perfect example of black not being boring. It really depends on what pieces you select and what material the clothes are made of. When I walked into the Collins Avenue store last week, I had "birthday outfit" on the brain. I wanted something fabulous, eye catching, and special. And I found it. 


Just look at the detail on the collar on this sheer black blouse! This million dollar adornment is absolutely breathtaking. The embellishment is all handmade and if you button it up all the way to the top, you get an up close and personal view of the spectacular collar. The embroidery is flawless and because it commands an "all eyes on us" adoration, accessories must be muzzled as to not to take away attention from the piece de resistance. These black and diamond costume earrings belonged to my grandmother.




After coveting a pair of leather shorts for ages, I finally found the most flawless pair at Club Monaco and I think I want to sleep with them and wear them everyday! Is that odd?! They're like butter and already my mind is going 1000 miles an hour coming up with a million different outfits I can put together with these perforated leather shorts. The pockets are a perk and I like how I am able to tuck the blouse in and accentuate the top of the shorts. The clutch is from a vintage shop in New Orleans. 


Now if these shoes could talk they would tell you the story of a girl who moved to New York City with two suitcases full of clothes and a pocket full of dreams. My first order of business was to buy a bed. Instead, I bought these Jimmy Choo heels. They were my first babies. If I was going to become a New Yorker, I needed that stamp of approval. Who needs a bed when you got shoes? 

On Me:

Blouse- Club Monaco
Leather shorts- Club Monaco
Clutch- Vintage
Shoes- Jimmy Choo

Hair by: Aveda Institute of Davie 


In Style, 

Kat


No comments :

Post a Comment